What is a Do It Yourself Structured Wiring Kit?
Wiring kits are made with 2+2 wire that includes 2 RG6’s and 2 Cat5e’s. We terminate the end that goes into the wall plate and the end that terminates in our On-Q structured media box.
« All lines are tested by a WireScope certified tester. Complete network testing that quickly isolates protocol, configuration, performance and cabling problems.
All lines will be labeled so when you receive your kit it will be easy to install the correct lines in the rooms. Both ends are labeled for easy assembly in the media box and at the labeled wall plate.
On-Q hinged 42 inch media box that fits stud opening »
The kit will include the following:
Due to the copper market flocculation
you will have to call for pricing per structured wiring run.
What is the process?
- Give us a call Toll Free 888-97WIRED (979-4733) and
talk to a Structured Wiring Specialist.
You may also click "Getting Started" and order a Spec & Design
Consultation online now.
- Decide if you want:
- Receive your kit with an installation video by mail and you will begin to install with the support of our staff. We will be with you every step of the way.
- Once your home is painted you will install wall plates. At this time you would install speakers, volume controls, intercom system, and wireless access point if ordered.
that you need:
- Phillips and standard screwdrivers
- Ladder that will reach rafters
- Tape measure
- Cordless drill
- 1 ½ inch paddle bit (included)
- Safety glasses may be worn when installing.
- Silicone needed at demarc location
- Cell phone with a fully-charged battery in case you need phone support
at your work site